Friday, October 28, 2011

Iman adds Platinum Collection to growing list of brands


Her successful beauty business paved the way for a collection of clothing called Global Chic, a line of under-$100 women's separates and accessories, which is sold exclusively on HSN. This fall, she's added a higher-end line of clothing, outerwear and bags, the Platinum Collection.
"My clothes are chic; they're classics reinvented," Iman said.  "I leave the trends to H&M and Zara because they do it so well."

“When it comes to my clothes, I like color, but not in-your-face color,” she said. "I like to provide color as you need it. For instance, a red bag can lift everything up and is easier to wear than all red."
Though her fashion business has taken off, she said it's certainly not something she envisioned doing while modeling for some of the biggest names in the industry. She was adamant about not referring to herself as a "designer," but rather as someone who interprets trends and creates and curates a lifestyle line.
But her firsthand experience working directly with designers certainly has honed a keen, sophisticated sense of style.
"When I would walk in [to a fitting or photo shoot], the designer would ask me, 'How would you wear this, how would you put this together?'" she said about her modeling days. "You were a muse."
wow...am one of your great fans, I love your makeup collections, and am loving this clothing line aswell....

Source-latimesblogs

No comments:

Post a Comment